Membership advantages for ICOM’s Individual Members
The ICOM membership card grants free entry or entry at a reduced rate to many museums all over the world.
Click the link to become a member:
• ICOM News – ICOM’s quarterly newsletter (English, French, Spanish)
• Study Series – published by ICOM’s International Committees (English, French, Spanish)
Preferential Rates – contacts and ordering details:
• AltaMira Press: 15% discount on all titles.
• Interpol CD-Rom on Stolen Works Art: 20% discount (English, French, Spanish).
• Oxford University Press: 20% discount on the Journal of the History of Collections (English).
• Routledge UK: discounts of up to 15% on certain titles.
• UNESCO: 30% discount on UNESCO publications (including books, single issues of periodicals, CD-ROMS and scientific maps), with free mailing by ordinary mail.
Professional Meetings and Information Exchange:
All members may participate in the meetings organised by ICOM’s International Committees and International Affiliated Organisations. International exchange programmes are also initiated by certain National Committees.
ICOM and the Internet:
• museum: this restricted top-level domain is the online location for bona fide museums, their professional associations and individual members of the museums community. Eligibility is limited to museums and their professional organisations based on ICOM’s definition of a museum. ICOM members benefit from a simplified registration procedure.
• The ICOM web site is a platform for online information on ICOM, its committees and activities. It is also a portal that gives access to other professional information and resources about museums.
• ICOM-L: the email distribution list of ICOM is an information tool for all ICOM members where subjects related to ICOM are discussed.
UNESCO-ICOM Information Centre:
The Centre offers library and information services to all ICOM members. The Centre’s collections consist of ICOM publications and archives, museums directories and UNESCO documentation on the protection of cultural heritage.
Documentation Centre of the Direction des Musees de France:
Free consultation, upon appointment, for any general research in the field of museum studies.
Open to the public from Monday to Thursday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m..
6, rue des Pyramides, 75041 Paris Cedex 01, France
Tel.: +33 (0) 1 40 15 36 28 – Fax: +33 (0) 1 40 15 36 60
Members are invited to participate in this important triennial event that provides them with the opportunity to meet colleagues from all over the world and to closely examine the major issues confronting the profession. Members may apply for travel grants.
Membership advantages for ICOM’s Institutional Members
The institution receives three Membership Cards granting personnel free entry or entry at a reduced rate to many museums all over the world.
• Other free publications from ICOM’s special projects.