How to Apply?
Nominated projects eligible for the CIMUSET Award must be less than 2 years old at the time of the nomination. They may cover all areas of museums and collections practice, including exhibition, education, conservation, research, management, new business models, design and architecture, art, ethics, service to the public, and strategic planning.
All science and technology museums, collections, and science centres are eligible regardless of their location, type, or size. They do not have to be CIMUSET members.
Nominated projects must demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- How does the project specifically address the UN SDGs?
- How does the project design ensure sustainability of the project in accordance with social, economic, environmental, and cultural perspectives?
- How is the project developed and carried out in partnership with different institutions and/or citizens, who represent diverse and interdisciplinary knowledge and competences?
- How is the project co-created?
- How has the project created new methods for engaging with marginalized and diverse communities?
- How has the project empowered citizens and local communities to engage with science and technology in new ways?
- How has the project affected the institution on an organizational level?
How to apply
The nominator must fill out the nomination form: Application form for the CIMUSET Award 2023.
The form must be sent to email@example.com before 3 pm (CET) on the 15th of August 2023.
Evaluation of the nominations
The nominated projects will be assessed by an evaluation committee consisting of up to eight members. The committee comprises members from the CIMUSET board, members from a science and technology museum or a science centre, and members from outside the museum sector. The committee will evaluate the nominations in accordance with the criteria.
The committee’s decision is final; no explanations will be given in discussions or correspondence.
Three projects will be nominated for the CIMUSET Award and announced two months prior to the announcement of the winning project, which will be revealed during the annual CIMUSET general conference.