CIMUSET Conference 2023
CIMUSET Conference 2023: Enhancing the Accessibility to Museums
Dates: 23-27 October 2023
Venue: National Aviation Museum of Korea, Seoul
The 50th CIMUSET annual conference in 2023 will be held at the National Aviation Museum of Korea in Seoul. ICOM newly announced a museum definition at the 26th Prague General Assembly in August 2022. The new definition adds the concept that “Open to the public, accessible and inclusive, museums foster diversity and sustainability.” In this context, we would like to apply it to science and technology museums and conduct various discussions at this year annual conference.
The NAMOK opened on July 5, 2020 as Korea’s first aviation-themed national museum and in particular, it is a representative museum in Korea that promotes various accessibility projects for the disadvantaged.
Please visit the conference website for more information and to register.
- 30 June: Deadline for the call for papers
- 30 June: Deadline for submission for travel grants
- 31st of July: Registration opens for international participants
- 25 July: Notification of acceptance for abstracts and sessions
- Early August: Notification of decisions for the grants
- 21-22 October: Pre-training workshop
- 23-27 October: Conference and excursions
Call for papers
Deadline was on 30th of June 2023. It’s no longer possible to submit abstracts.
If you for various reasons are not able to present on-site in Seoul or are not able to submit the abstract in writing, you are welcome to present your abstract remotely or via a video recording. Please inform the CIMUSET secretary if this applies to you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the conference program here: Conference Program.
Registration and grants
- ICOM Members (country group 1 + 2): 200 Euros
- ICOM Members (country group 3 +4): 100 Euros
- Non-ICOM Members and companions (country group 1 + 2): 250 Euros
- Non-ICOM Members and companions (country group 3 + 4): 150 Euros
Registration is now open on the conference webpage.
Please read about the registration and grants here: registration and grants.
Deadline for submission for the travel grants was on the 30th of June. It’s not longer possible to apply for grants. Applicants for the grants will receive notification of decisions in early August.
Key Themes for the Conference and Sessions
For whom is accessibility improved and enhanced?
- Socially disadvantaged
- Educationally disadvantaged
- Digitally disadvantaged, etc
How can we improve and enhancing accessibility in museums?
- The application of new technology in museums: collecting, exhibition, education, etc
- Changes in understanding and approaching visitors
What role should museums play in strengthening accessibility?
- Community-based role, museum activism and leadership
- Museum partnerships and networks
- Environmental creation and conditions for international co-operation
If you have any questions about the conference, please fill in this form.